Chantiers de l’Atlantique, a renowned and experienced manufacturer
Chantiers de l’Atlantique is a renowned and experienced player on the market for military vessels. Patrol boats, frigates, helicopter-carrier, etc. Since 1980, more than 20 surface ships were delivered to marine forces of all around the world.
As of 2022, Chantiers de l’Atlantique’s order book includes no less than four Logistic and Support Ships (LSS) to be delivered to the Marine Nationale (French navy) by 2029. In addition, in the frame of the building of the next generation aircraft carrier, Chantiers de l’Atlantique will be in charge of designing and manufacturing the hull.
Did you know?
Is the full-load displacement of the amphibious helicopter-carriers. They are the largest ships of the Marine Nationale after the aircraft-carrier Charles de Gaulle.
As of today, Chantiers de l’Atlantique’s order book includes no less than four Logistic and Support Ships to be delivered to the Marine Nationale by 2029.Discover our creations
Fields of expertise and industrial facilities at the cutting edge of innovation.
Integrated design offices
- 800 engineers and technicians involved from the initial design phase to the industrialization studies,
- one unique 3D model shared with all players,
- naval architecture skills enabling to commit to a ship’s planned performances (hydro dynamism, aerodynamic, stability, noise and vibrations…),
- a proven and efficient process guaranteeing the quality and the respect of delivery periods,
- technology transfer capabilities to other countries and shipyards.
A multi-skill integration capability
Specialists in the fields of :
- Steel structures
- propulsion and power generation
- electricity and automation
- arrangement and ventilation
Ability to implement complex combat equipment coming from multiple suppliers.
First-rate industrial facilities
- The largest building dock in Europe, able to host the largest ships in the world,
- significant lifting tools (one 1,050 tons gantry crane being assembled + a 1,400 tons one).
Dynamic R&D policies
The R&D policy developed by Chantiers de l’Atlantique includes ways of mutualizing military and civil activities with:
- conceptual ship projects,
- energy efficiency integrated from the construction stage or as an external service,
- innovative propulsion systems (electric diesel, pods, alternative fuels….).