The Mohammed V series frigates carry out military missions – surveillance of maritime spaces, presence, patrolling and protection of national interests – as well as public service missions – assistance, search and rescue, medical evacuation and contribution to environmental protection.
- Propulsion: 2 shaft lines, controllable pitch propellers and 4 Diesel engines (9,600 HP)
- Detection WM28 system, 2 Litton radars, 1 Litton helicopter collection radar
- Navigation Heading and vertical control unit Litton, gyro Litton, Loch Ben, auto pilot, GPS, sounder (Litton)
- Transmissions: Conventional HF, VHF, UHF links
- Weapons: WM 28 combat system, 2 MM38 missile booms, 76 m/m Oto Melara gun + 20 m/m guns, Najir fire control.